MARK C. CORD III
University of Iowa, B.B.A., 1988
University of South Dakota College of Law, J.D., 2005
The Iowa State Bar Association
State Bar of South Dakota
Nebraska State Bar Association
American Bar Association
Woodbury County Bar Association
Mark C. Cord III joined the Firm in 2006 as an associate, becoming a partner in 2012. Mark’s general practice includes, but is not limited to, Business Law, Commercial Law, Real Estate, Corporate Law, Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning & Probate Law (including Special Need Trusts and Medicaid Planning).
Mark was born in Rock Rapids, Iowa, and raised in Sioux City, Iowa. He graduated from the University of Iowa in 1988 with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Industrial Relations/Human Resources. Mark was awarded his Juris Doctor from the University of South Dakota in 2005, and followed a track of study emphasizing business structures and planning, estate planning/probate, and real estate.
Mark is admitted to practice law in Iowa, South Dakota, and Nebraska. Mark is a member of the American Bar Association, and a member of the Probate & Trust and Real Estate & Title Law sections of The Iowa State Bar Association. Mark enjoys the one-on-one interaction with his clients and assisting them to achieve their goals. Prior to practicing law, Mark worked in the field of association and sports management and later moved on to work in a successful real estate management business in Sioux City.
Mark actively participates in several community organizations including his service on the Siouxland Humane Society Board of Directors and his church council. Mark is a graduate of Leadership Siouxland and has received several international awards for his leadership in the growth of the sport of billiards worldwide. Mark enjoys performing in theatre productions, music and singing, working on home renovation projects, and spending time with his family and friends.
- President – Siouxland Humane Society, 2013 – 2014
- Vice President – Siouxland Humane Society, 2012-2013, 2014 -2015
- Board Member – Siouxland Humane Society, 2009 – present
- Board Member – Tax Research Council, 2010-2013
- President – First Congregational Church, 2010-2012
- Vice President – First Congregational Church, 2009
- Board of Directors – Sioux City Community Theatre, 2006-2011
- Leadership Siouxland – 1994-1995
- World Confederation of Billiard Sports – United States Representative, 1992
- Women’s Professional Billiard Assn, Board Member 1990-1992
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- General Practice
including but not limited to